Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coastal Rocks/Wave Explosion Combo |B&W|

The previous 2 images combined.
This image is a combination of the previous two shots. Still no interesting sky, but since the exposures and black & white treatment were identical, it was easy to combine them and use the best of both for one image.
 
According to some folks, this photo is a lie or at least cheating.  I would argue that I didn't create unnatural circumstances in this image and therefore have not cheated and since I'm writing about it, clearly not lying either. Both parts are realistic and this particular image probably occurs naturally. I couldn't capture it in one image when I was there because the waves weren't coming in fast enough. By the time a wave was coming ashore, the previous one had already dried out, leaving no reflections.
 
In the end, whether it's cheating or not, I think the resulting image is greater than the sum of its parts!