Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sand Canyon Trail | Unnamed Ruin

As the new year begins, I again have to acknowledge that I've let my blog sort of wither away. As the homepage for my site, it's just not acceptable to go nearly 2 full months without a new post. Yes, it was an extremely busy 2 months (there was a new promotion at work and an engagement to my wonderful gal, Kristen just to name a couple big things), but still. That said, I've got a few things planned for my site to make sure it doesn't keep up like this! Stay tuned for updates! In the meantime, I probably won't write quite as much about each image, not that I was particularly verbose about many, but hopefully just a few words will be easier to spit out and get the images coming faster!



A small unnamed ruin along Sand Canyon Trail
Considering the size of this small ruin, I took an absolute ton of photos of it. More can be seen in my Sand Canyon gallery and there are several others on my hard drive. Maybe it's because I found it so early on along the trail. I wasn't tired or overheated yet so I took my time and played around.

This sign is a good reminder to all when visiting ruins of this type, especially in a less developed, less preserved area such as Sand Canyon. These structures are 800+ years old and have withstood the elements without maintenance for much of that time. Even if you're "just going to take a quick photo" or you're "not going to touch anything," please, keep your distance. One wrong move and this structure that has survived for centuries could be gone in an instant.

Future generations thank you for your caution!