Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Walls of Escalante Pueblo

Walls
This image was taken from the other side of the pueblo, looking back in the direction I took the image in my last post from. The light that day was perfect. The large fluffy clouds not only added some interest to the sky but also filtered the sun light just right to really make all the details in this image pop. The details and the relationship between the walls and overgrown grasses and shrubs was my main focus for this image so even though the colors popped quite nicely in the perfect light as well, I converted this one to black and white. That way, the colors couldn't dominate the details.

And that's it from Escalante Pueblo and the Anasazi Heritage Center. I'm currently working on finishing the processing on my Mesa Verde photos and can't wait to start sharing them!

OK, one more image from Escalante Pueblo:
A 2 row, many-many image panoramic of Escalante Pueblo